Six people are dead and more than 30 others were taken to various hospitals with injuries after a multi-stage terror attack in London on Saturday.
Three jihadi terrorists, who were eventually killed by police after a manhunt, used a white van to mow people down on the London Bridge, then got out and started stabbing people with 10- to 12-inch blades on the bridge and in a nearby neighborhood.
There was also a third stabbing event that many confused with a third terror incident, but the third event was unrelated to terrorism.
The London Police believe that they have killed all the terrorists who carried out Saturday’s attack and that there were not others who got away. Initially there were reports of five terrorists exiting the white van, but police seem confident it was only three and that they have killed them all.
Twelve people have been arrested in London in police raids.
The terrorists were also wearing fake suicide vests.
The London Police has kept everyone up to date via Twitter:
The Daily Mail is reporting:
- The men, described as being “of Mediterranean origin,” drove the white van at 50 mph across the bridge
- They mowed down up to 20 pedestrians and then jumped down and began “randomly stabbing” people
- One horrified woman said she saw three people with what appeared to be their throats cut at London Bridge
- Attackers were shot and killed by armed police in Borough Market within eight minutes of the first call
- They also tried to storm into a pub in nearby Borough Market, where a man was reportedly stabbed five times
- Also unconfirmed reports of gunfire on Southwark Street amid the “utter chaos” of the attack on Saturday night
- A bomb squad has attended and boats are searching the Thames amid reports people were pushed in water
As the events unfolded, the world turned to the London Police’s Twitter account:
The London Police tweeted the following:
President Donald Trump has weighed in on the situation:
This attack comes less than two weeks after the bombing in Manchester, England, at an Ariana Grande concert, where Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old Muslim, detonated a bomb that killed 22 adults and children, and more than 110 people were injured.
And just two months ago, a terrorist mowed down people at the Westminster Bridge. In the Westminster attack, five people were killed.
Police secured bars and other businesses around London Bridge, as the below image shows:
News agencies around the world are reporting:
The event is also trending number one worldwide on Twitter:
Photos are emerging from the scene: