Op-Ed Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in submitting an opinion piece to American Military News. We have recently updated our opinion submission guidelines.
Please see the guidelines below if you would like to have your piece considered for publication.
- Your piece must be original and exclusive to American Military News.
- You must not be paid or compensated to write the Op-Ed by a third party
- Your piece must be timely, relevant to current affairs and be focused on our topic areas.
- You, as the author, should be a subject matter expert in the area(s) that your piece focuses on.
- Your Op-Ed should not just be a rant; it should be a well-thought out position backed up by your area of expertise and/or facts, history, events, surveys, other reporting and supporting evidence.
- You should submit at least 400 words and no more than 900 words.
- You should submit your piece in the body of an email with a brief summary of your argument, in addition to a proposed title for your piece. Additionally you may send an attachment of your piece.
- You must submit a brief, 1-4 sentence biography about yourself with your Op-Ed that reflects your subject matter expertise and/or experience relevant to the topic you’re writing about.
- You should email your proposed Op-Ed to [email protected]
- You can expect a response within 7 business days, possibly sooner if your Op-Ed is especially timely.
- Past publication of your piece(s) by American Military News does not guarantee future publication of other pieces.