Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

Troops shoot, kill attacker at Air Force base

Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Ala., on October 14, 2020. (Montgomery Advertiser/TNS)
December 13, 2021

A man was shot and killed after he attacked two Air Force personnel and a civilian at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Ala. on Saturday. Air Force security personnel shot and killed the man during the attack as he reached for a gun.

Air Force spokesperson Lt. Col. Kim Bender told American Military News that four people involved in the confrontation, including the two Air Force personnel, the civilian victim, and the civilian attacker, were taken to a local hospital. The attacker’s injuries were fatal and he was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Lakiesha McCall, the civilian woman who was attacked, told WSFA 12 she was on her way to visit her sister, who is in the military, for friends and family day on the base. McCall had arrived at the base’s Gunter Annex before 8 a.m on Saturday and was on her way in to get a visitor pass when the attacker got out of his car and charged at her.

The man hit her sister and her mother and then turned towards her. The attacker slammed McCall against a concrete wall and began banging her head against the wall.

“I really thought I was doing to die. I thought I was going to be taken from my kids. I don’t know what I could have told my kids, because I just went to have just like a simple day with my sister,” McCall told WSFA.

Air Force security personnel intervened in the attack, as the attacker tried to grab a gun. The security personnel shot the attacker.

The Facebook page AF amn/nco/snco shared photos taken outside the base’s Congressman Dickinson Drive gate on Saturday following the attack.

McCall recalled being in shock after the shot was fired.

“I didn’t know if it was me shot. I didn’t know if it was him, the guy. I don’t know his name. I didn’t know if it was the guard,” McCall told WSFA. “But all I know is once I made it to the door I looked and I had blood all over my hands. It was on my head. I didn’t know. I didn’t know who was shot. And in that moment, like I said, I was just so terrified and scared because after the fact of him beating me hitting my head to the wall, I literally thought he was going to kill me because it took them so long to react. I think that they were in shock just as much as I was in shock.”

McCall told the local news station she felt the Air Force security personnel should have reacted faster. She said she wants more transparency from the Air Force about the attack.

Bender said the Air Force Office of Special Investigations and the FBI are investigating the incident. Neither office immediately responded to an American Military News for comment.

The identity of the attacker was not immediately clear.

After the attack, McCall was taken to Baptist Medical Center South. The Air Force security forces personnel were also evaluated for injuries following the attack, and then released.