Former President Donald Trump’s media platform page launched last month has been permanently shut down by his team in the interest of “broader efforts.”
According to Jason Miller, a senior aide to the 45th president, the blog-like media platform “will not be returning,” CNBC reported.
“It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Miller added.
“Hoping to have more information on the broader efforts soon, but I do not have a precise awareness of timing,” the senior aide continued.
When asked on Twitter if the decision signaled Mr. Trump would be joining “another social media platform,” Miller tweeted, “Yes, actually, it is. Stay tuned!
Individuals who visit the scrapped page will now see a form requesting contact information in order to receive email or text message updates.
In May, Trump launched his own communications platform – a blog allowing him to share comments, images and videos months after being banned from social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
The platform, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump” was previously found at www.DonaldJTrump.com/desk.
The platform allowed followers to share his posts to social media sites, but did not include a feature to let users reply or engage with Trump’s posts directly.
“This is just a one-way communication,” one person familiar with the matter told Fox News when the site was first launched. “This system allows Trump to communicate with his followers.”
The new site featured a video that said, “In a time of silence, and lies, a beacon of freedom arises. A place to speak freely and safely, straight from the desk of Donald J. Trump.”
Earlier this year, Facebook blocked Trump’s access to his Facebook and Instagram accounts following the January 6 Capitol demonstration. He was also banned from Twitter due to “the risk of further incitement of violence.”
“After close review of review of recent Tweets from [Trump’s] account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” the company announced.
In February, the social media giant confirmed that Trump would never be allowed back on Twitter even if he runs for office again.
“The way our policies work, when you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform – whether you’re a commentator, you’re a CFO, or you are a former or current public official,” Twitter’s Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal said.
“Remember, our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence, and if anybody does that, we have to remove them from the service and our policies don’t allow people to come back.”