American Military News, a news media company reporting daily on issues related to the U.S. military, global foreign affairs, current events and cultural topics is looking for a Project Assistant.
This is a remote position.
AMN is expanding into new verticals and needs someone to help drive projects and project tasks forward and is looking for a Project Assistant to come on board and hit the ground running.
This is a terrific opportunity for an eager, hungry and humble operations minded individual looking to take a first, second or third step in their career.
This position requires an extremely organized self-starter and someone who gets things done with a sense of ownership and no excuses. You have excellent communication skills, are proactive and know what it means to hustle. You do not think just sending an email and waiting for a reply for two weeks is getting something done and you also know what we are talking about when we say this.
Military veteran preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities for Operations Assistant
- Work closely with the CEO to move specific projects and associated tasks forward
- Promptly attend to any correspondence and emails by customers, clients and contractors
- Compile analytics and create reporting structures to increase performance
- Keep updated on industry trends and consumer markets
- Other responsibilities include doing work manually such as digital marketing, technology platform usage, writing, coordinating other activities
Qualifications for Operations Assistant
- Must have high school diploma
- Must have experience in a project operations environment in a digital-centric business or field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project operations acumen
- Strong digital and technology acumen
- Sharp attention to detail and extraordinary organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while working remotely
- Ability to drive tasks and projects to completion
- Takes professionalism seriously
- $30,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience
- 2 week trial and then 90 day review period
To inquire about the position please do the below. If you do not do each of these, you will not be considered:
- Email [email protected] with your resume
- Tell us a little about yourself, what project assistance and project management experience you have and why you think you’d be a good fit
- Why you want to work at American Military News