Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

Video: Pair in NYC beats 60-year-old woman over mask dispute at Brooklyn subway station

NYPD patrol car (Pete Stewart/WikiCommons)
November 20, 2020

A pair of mask-less individuals attacked a 60-year-old woman who was getting onto a Brooklyn subway station elevator after she asked them to put on face masks before getting on the elevator with her.

The New York Police Department (NYPD) shared security camera footage of the attack which took place last Friday at the Atlantic Ave/Barclays Center station in New York City, New York.

NYPD tweeted, “WANTED for ASSAULT: On 11/13, at 12:18 PM, inside of the Atlantic Ave/Barclays Center station, a 60-year-old victim told 2 individuals to wear a mask if they were going to ride the elevator. They then struck the victim repeatedly. Any info call or DM @NYPDTips at 800-577-TIPS.”

In the video, the pair can be seen walking behind the older woman to the open elevator. As the older woman enters the elevator she turns back and raises her hand, and blocks the pair from entering the elevator. The New York Daily News reported the older woman, who was wearing a face mask, had asked the non-mask-wearing pair to put on masks.

In the video, the man can be seen trying to push past the older woman who tries to stop him from getting on the elevator. The younger woman then strikes the older woman in the face, before the older woman strikes the younger woman back. The man then turns back and strikes the older woman, who falls. From there, the man can be seen repeatedly striking the older woman, who is now down on the ground.

As the older woman tries to stand back up, the man appears to throw one last late punch and the older woman staggers while the younger woman appears to pull on something, causing the older woman to fall back over.

The New York Daily News reported the pair quickly fled the subway station after the altercation.

The older woman was reportedly taken to the hospital where she was treated and released. The woman suffered bruises on her face and pain in her leg, authorities told the New York Daily News.