Navigation
Download the AMN app for your mobile device today - FREE!
  •  

Trump campaign suing in NV claiming dead and out-of-state votes

President Donald J. Trump on July 7, 2020, in the East Room of the White House. (Official White House Photo by Andrea Hanks)
November 05, 2020

President Donald Trump’s campaign team filed a lawsuit in Nevada on Thursday to stop the counting of votes allegedly cast in the names of deceased and nonresident voters. On Thursday afternoon, Fox News’ election map showed Biden’s vote total in Nevada jumped from about an 8,000 vote lead to about a less than 12,000 vote lead with the candidates being separated by about .9 percentage points.

Speaking on behalf of the Trump team, former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt said during a Thursday press conference, “We firmly believe that there are many voters in this group of mail-in people that are not proper voters. In the last many days we have received reports of many irregularities across the valley — we believe that there are dead voters that have been counted, we are also confident that there are thousands of people whose votes have been counted that have moved out of [Clark County, Nevada] during the pandemic.”

Laxalt said the Trump team was filing a federal lawsuit requesting “emergency relief, a [temporary restraining order] and injunctive relief” and “we’re asking the judge to, due to all these irregularities, to stop the counting of improper votes.”

Laxalt also introduced a voter who he said was denied access to vote. “She showed up to vote and was told someone had already cast her ballot and she was denied the opportunity to vote.”

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Fox 32 Chicago reported Clark County Registrar of Voters Jose Gloria told reporters “We’re not aware of any improper ballots that have been processed.”

In a press conference Thursday, Gloria said “the bulk” of remaining mailed ballots in Navada would be counted by Saturday or Sunday.

The Nevada lawsuit is the fourth filed by the Trump campaign since Election Day. After filing a lawsuit in Michigan on Wednesday, suing for access to voting sites in Michigan, The Detroit News reported Michigan Court of Claims Judge Cynthia Stephens said Thursday she plans to deny the campaign’s lawsuit and will issue a written order by Friday afternoon.

The Trump campaign also filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania to allow observers to watch votes being counted, a lawsuit they have since won.

USA Today reported another lawsuit the Trump team filed in Georgia, claiming the Chatham County Board of Elections mixed ineligible ballots with valid ones, was dismissed by a judge.