Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

21-year-old US Army soldier dies of ‘natural causes’

Spc. Wyatt Xavier Moore. (U.S. Army photo/Released)
September 15, 2020

A U.S. Army soldier stationed at Fort Wainwright, Alaska, died on Sunday at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle.

According to an Army press release provided to American Military News, 21-year-old Spc. Wyatt Xavier Moore, of Brandon, Fla., died on Sunday of what was described as “natural causes.” The press release did not provide any additional details specifying what caused Moore’s death.

Moore joined the Army in June 2018 and was an intelligence analyst with the 70th Brigade Engineer Battalion, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.

Moore was previously stationed at Fort Jackson, S.C.; Fort Huachuca, Ariz.; and Fort Benning, Ga., and arrived at his duty station in Alaska in May 2019.

He served on a combat tour in Iraq from August 2019 to June 2020.

Lt. Col. Matthew Chase, commander of the 70th Engineer Battalion said, “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Spc. Moore, who volunteered to serve his country as an American Soldier, both in and out of combat.”

“He was goal-oriented and a hard worker, a great intelligence analyst, and a dedicated friend,” Chase continued. “His kind character helped others through tough situations and he was there for his friends when needed. He will be truly missed.”

Moore’s decorations include the Army Commendation Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.

His death comes a week after another Army soldier stationed at Fort Wainwright, 39-year-old Chief Warrant Officer 3 Casey A. Popenoe, died in a single-vehicle crash near the Alaskan base.

Another Army soldier, 28-year-old Sgt. Cody Lee Randall, who was stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER), was found dead inside his home in Wasilla, Alaska in April. The Army said his death was under investigation at the time, but not linked to COVID-19.