Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

NYPD officer stabbed in neck, two officers shot in Brooklyn; man allegedly wielding knife shot by cops

(Tony Hisgett/Flickr)

An NYPD officer was stabbed in the neck and two officers were shot in Brooklyn late on Wednesday night.

The suspect allegedly snatched a service revolver from an officer during the struggle, according to police.

Several hours later in Manhattan, police allegedly shot a suspect armed with a knife, according to media reports.

The Brooklyn assault occurred at about 11:45 p.m. when two officers from the 70th Precinct were stationed at the intersection of Church and Flatbush avenues in an effort to prevent looting after the 8 p.m. curfew.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea said during a news conference at Kings County Hospital that “without warning, video surveillance shows a male walk up to the officers casually, take out a knife and stab one of the officers in the neck.

“That officer was stabbed in the left side of his neck, thank God missing an artery, and is recovering here in stable condition at the hospital.”

A sergeant and officer who were at least a block away heard shots being fired and rushed to Church and Flatbush.

“We believe that when they got there, they saw the perpetrator with a gun in his hand, which we believe belonged to one of the officers,” Shea said. “What we know at this point in time, is that 22 shell casings have been recovered from a number of members of the service. We know that we had a chaotic scene with a knife recovered as well.”

The suspect was struck “multiple times” with bullets and he is in critical condition at Kings County Hospital in critical condition, Shea said.

Two police officers suffered gunshot wounds to their hands.

“All police officers at this point in time, thank God, are in stable condition and are expected to recover,” Shea said.

Cops shot and wounded a man who allegedly refused to drop a knife that he brandished during an argument with another person at about 6:50 a.m. on Thursday around East 10th Street and Third Avenue in the East Village, according to the New York Post.

After the man allegedly refused to comply with police requests that he drop the gun, an officer fired. The injured suspect was taken to Bellevue Hospital, according to the New York Post.

Shea said he was a Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx on Wednesday visiting a sergeant from the 44th Precinct who was the victim of a “cowardly attack,” a hit-and-run crash. The sergeant remains “in critical care, in the intensive care unit, but recovering, slowly,” Shea said.

In the Bronx, a sergeant was investigating reports of looting when he stepped out of his unmarked vehicle and was struck by a black sedan in the intersection of 170th Street and Walton Avenue in the Mount Eden section, according to the NBC News local affiliate WNBC.


© 2020 Staten Island Advance