Navigation
Download the AMN app for your mobile device today - FREE!
  •  

VIDEOS: Multiple US bases under missile attack from Iran

A test-fire of the Fateh-110, an Iranian Ballistic single-stage solid-propellant, surface-to-surface missile. (Hossein Velayati/Wikimedia Commons)
January 07, 2020

Numerous ballistic missiles were fired at two U.S. air bases in Iraq on Tuesday night, the Pentagon confirmed.

Get the most beautiful D-Day 75th Anniversary Commemorative Coin on the market, here

“Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq.  It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Assad and Irbil,” the Pentagon said in a statement.

A senior U.S. military official previously told Fox News that “missiles” struck “multiple locations across Iraq,” describing it as attacks from Iran.

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) released a statement saying, “We are warning all American allies, who gave their bases to its terrorist army, that any territory that is the starting point of aggressive acts against Iran will be targeted,” the Associated Press reported.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Iranian state television said Iran launched “’tens’ of surface-to-surface missiles,” in revenge for the killing of IRGC Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

Iran’s Fars News Agency posted photos showing what is claimed to be an Iranian ballistic missile fired at the U.S. base in Iraq.

Videos on social media also show numerous rockets being fired in the night sky.

Reports indicate the rockets may have been fired by the IRGC with the assistance of Iran-backed Iraqi militias.

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin cited a U.S. military official in Iraq, saying, “Under missile attack from Iran. These are either cruise missiles or short range ballistic missiles. All over the country.”

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said President Trump has been briefed on the situation.

“The President has been briefed and is monitoring the situation closely and consulting with his national security team,” she said.

Earlier Tuesday as the Iranians held the funeral for Soleimani and publicly mourned his death, IRGC commander Major General Hossein Salami vowed to take revenge against the U.S.

“We will take revenge. We will take revenge; a revenge that will be tough, strong, decisive and finishing and will make them regret,” General Salami said, according to Iran’s Fars News Agency.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were seen entering the White House on Tuesday evening. Esper was reportedly seen carrying “a large bag.”