Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

5 civilians killed, 5 officers wounded in IL factory shooting – suspect killed

Henry Pratt in Kane County, Illinois. (Google Maps)
February 15, 2019

Multiple law enforcement and civilians have been killed and wounded after an active shooter incident at a manufacturing facility in Aurora, Ill.

UPDATE, 6:00 p.m. CST – Aurora Police Chief Kristen Ziman confirmed that five civilians have been killed and five officers wounded, the Associated Press reported.

The shooter, 45-year-old Gary Martin, fired upon officers who responded to the scene. After an exchange of gunfire, Martin was fatally shot.

Employees at the factory said they recognized Martin as a co-worker there.


Local ABC 7 News spoke with John Probst, an employee at the Henry Pratt manufacturing facility, who said the shooter was wielding a pistol with a green laser. He also recognized the shooter as a coworker.

The exact number of those injured has not been confirmed, but it is being reported that four police officers have been injured.

Here is a video feed of the response:

Probst said he saw several coworkers injured from gunshot wounds. He estimated about 30 employees were in the building.

ABC7 is reporting that four police officers have also been injured. Police injuries were confirmed on local police radio traffic.

“We have an active shooter incident at 641 Archer Av. This is an active scene. Please avoid the area,” the Aurora Police Department tweeted at 2:45 p.m. CST.

At 3 p.m. CST, the City of Aurora said the shooter has been captured, but the scene remains locked down.

“EMERGENCY UPDATE | 3 p.m. THE SHOOTER HAS BEEN APPREHENDED! The area is still on lock down! More information will be provided soon.”

Local emergency radio traffic said the Aurora Police Department confirmed that “the suspect is down.”

Aurora Police tweeted at 3:30 p.m. CST confirming the shooter was “no longer a threat to the area.”

Law enforcement response has been significant, with SWAT teams responding along with the ATF and FBI.

Local area schools were on lockdown while the scene was active.