Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

FL Navy Chief found dead in her home

First responders from the base and the Jacksonville Police Department arrive on scene of the Major Accident Response Exercise July 24, 2013, at Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark. (Airman 1st Class Cliffton Dolezal/U.S. Air Force)
September 18, 2018

A Florida Navy Chief Petty Officer was found dead in her home on Monday, just two weeks after a Duval County judge granted her a protective order due to domestic violence stemming from a fight with her live-in boyfriend.

Andrea Washington, 37, a mother of three, was recently pinned for Navy Chief Petty Officer on Friday, according to a family friend, and was scheduled to deploy on Wednesday, ABC 13 News reported.

Washington’s Facebook page said her position with the U.S. Navy is a gas turbine mechanic.

Jacksonville officers responded to a medical call at 12568 Itani Way around 12:13 a.m. and found Washington dead inside of her home near Cedar Point and New Berlin Road.

The cause of Washington’s death was not released, but authorities said that the death had not occurred from natural causes and they suspect foul play. Detectives and evidence technicians were still processing evidence at the home on Monday afternoon.

There is still no information regarding a suspect or of any arrest made in connection to it at this time, MEAWW reported.

However, this happened just hours before Washington and her boyfriend were to appear in court for a hearing on the protective order that was issued, News 4 Jax reported. The protective order issued on Sept. 4 stated that Washington had a fight with her boyfriend when she asked him to help pay the bills.

Washington said that her boyfriend pushed her to the floor, kicked her in the stomach, chased her around their home and pointed a gun at her. Court documents also said that he broke her iPad, stole the keys to her car and mailbox, and caused damage to two doors in the home by kicking holes in them.

A family friend, Chris Phantom said: “(She) worked hard for 19 years in the military. Served her country; had an awesome career. She was taken from us so soon, and it really hurts. But at the same time, my concern right now is her boys. It’s still under investigation, so I can’t really speak on it. But, at the same time though, I hope justice prevails.”