Join our brand new verified AMN Telegram channel and get important news uncensored!

Iraq War veteran’s two sons tragically die in house fire

December 15, 2017

A house fire tragically claimed the lives of two young sons of an Iraq War veteran who is now a Montgomery County Sheriff’s Deputy in Pennsylvania, WPVI reported.

A fire erupted around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday due to an electrical failure of an extension cord plugged into a space heater in a porch area of the home of Bryan Lukens.

According to authorities, Bryan Lukens Jr., 11, and Parker, 6, were found dead inside the home.

Lukens was being treated at the burn unit at Lehigh Valley Hospital while his wife, Tracy, and 9-year-old daughter Soffia were treated at Pottstown Hospital. All three were released on Wednesday.

“Our office is devastated to learn about this tragedy,” Montgomery County Sheriff Sean Kilkenny said in a statement. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the Lukens family as they grieve their losses.”

Phillip Blocklinger, the brother of Tracy Lukens, started a GoFundMe account for the family, which has since raised more than $250,000.