The active, nearly week-long search for five missing aircrew members was suspended Monday, following a downed Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter off the coast of Oahu, Hawaii, on August 16.
The U.S. Army has identified the following missing soldiers:
- 1st Lt. Kathryn Bailey of Hope Mills, North Carolina;
- Chief Warrant Officer 3 Brian Woeber of Decatur, Alabama;
- Chief Warrant Officer 2 Stephen Cantrell of Wichita Falls, Texas; all three of whom were on the helicopter;
- Staff Sgt. Abigail Milam of Jenkins, Kentucky; and,
- Sgt. Michael Nelson of Antioch, Tennessee.
Maj. Gen. Christopher Cavoli said the soldiers have not been found and their families have been notified, according to a report.
The U.S. Army has not yet determined the cause of the crash.
Two Black Hawk aircrews were reportedly training between Kaena Point and Dillingham Airfield when communications were lost.