Jordan released security camera footage Monday of the fatal shooting of three U.S. Army Green Berets who were killed by a Jordanian soldier last November.
The American troops were killed Nov. 4, 2016, as their convoy waited at the gate to the Al-Jafr base in southern Jordan.
Jordan initially said the Americans triggered the shooting by disobeying entry rules, however the claim was later withdrawn.
Last week, the Jordanian soldier, 1st Sgt. Marik al-Tuwayha, was sentenced by a Jordanian military court to life in prison with hard labor.
Marik al-Tuwayha said he opened fire on the Americans because he thought the base was under attack and that a pistol had been fired from the U.S. convoy. He also said he felt no animosity towards Americans.
The video instead shows a six-minute gun battle where the Americans were taking cover behind barriers and waving their hands in surrender.
According to the footage, Staff Sgt. Matthew C. Lewellen and Staff Sgt. Kevin J. McEnroe were the first to be hit by gunfire.
Staff Sgt. James F. Moriarty and another soldier got out of vehicle to take cover. They returned fire with their pistols and yelled that they were friendly forces, but al-Tuwayha continued shooting.
Staff Sgt. Matthew C. Lewellen, 27, of Kirksville, Mo.; Staff Sgt. Kevin J. McEnroe, 30, of Tucson, Arizona; and Staff Sgt. James F. Moriarty, 27, of Kerrville, Texas were killed in the shooting.