New Iran, Russia & Militia Command Center Threaten “Lethal Response” To More U.S. Action In Syria
On Sunday, Iran’s state-controlled Fars news agency (Farsnews) reported that the Syria-Iran-Russia joint operations room in charge of war strategy and coordination in Syria released a statement threatening to issue a “lethal response” to the U.S. if there were anymore American airstrikes in Syria. According to Debka, the new joint command center is believed to include not only Russia and Iran, but also various militia groups that support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
“The Syria-Iran-Russia joint operations room in charge of war strategy and coordination in Syria warned in a statement issued on Sunday that any fresh aggression by Washington against Syria will be given a lethal response,” Farsnews reported.
The statement from the joint operations room said that they “will respond to any aggression powerfully, as Russia and Iran would never allow the US to dominate the world.”
The group also said on Sunday that the United States crossed “red lines” with the missile attacks on the airbase.
“What America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well,” the group said on War Media, as reported by Reuters.
The joint operations also called the U.S. strikes on the Shayrat airbase on Thursday “another miscalculation” by the Trump administration, claiming that last week’s deadly chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun was set up by other nations or organizations to frame Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
“We believe that the events (chemical weapons use) in Khan Sheikhoun have been plotted by certain states and bodies to be used as a pretext to attack Syria,” the statement continued.
While speaking during a meeting with the top Iranian Armed Forces Commanders, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei called the U.S. missile attack a “strategic mistake.”
“What Americans did was a strategic mistake, and they are repeating the same mistakes done by their predecessors,” the Ayatollah said, as reported by Farsnews.
The Kremlin released a statement following a phone call between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani saying that the two leaders agreed that the U.S. broke international law.
“Both sides noted the inadmissibility of aggressive U.S. actions against a sovereign state in violation of international law,” the statement said. “Vladimir Putin and Hasan Rouhani spoke in favor of an objective, unbiased investigation of all the circumstances of the chemical weapons incident on April 4 in the Syrian province of Idlib.”
On Sunday, Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani condemned the U.S. for striking before there was any official investigation of an international committee to prove otherwise.
“In case an international fact-finding committee is set up and the realities behind the issue (chemical attack against Idlib) are studied, another scandal will be registered in the US record of international security violations,” Shamkhani said, as reported by Farsnews.
Shamhhani also added that such U.S. aggression in the region only inspires the terrorists.
“Such measures boost the terrorists’ morale and disrupt the trend of war on terrorism which is pursued through cooperation among the Russian, Syrian and Iranian governments under the UN supervision,” he said.