This is a breaking story, we will continue to provide updates.
[Update] 5:00 PM – The death toll has risen to 11. Authorities say the bomb on the subway car was the work of a suicide bomber. Police are still looking for the suspect who left a second undetonated bomb at the station.
Russian President Vladimir Putin laid flowers for the victims at the bomb site.
[Update] 1:00 PM EST – The first images of the suspect have been released.
On Monday, deadly blasts hit a St. Petersburg metro station in Russia killing at least 10 and injuring more than 50 others. What is known so far:
- At least 10 dead, and more than 50 injured.
- Two subway cars blew up in the blasts.
- Senior Russian official is calling it terror.
- St. Petersburg Metro is shut down.
- Putin said all possible causes, including terror, are being considered.