On Wednesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denounced Secretary Kerry’s speech defending the United States’ decision to allow the UN resolution calling Israeli settlements in the Middle East “illegal” and claimed that not only did the U.S. support the resolution, they were behind it. Speaking in Jerusalem, Netanyahu asserted that Israel had “incontestable evidence” that the U.S. organized the resolution and brought it to the United Nations Security Council.
“We have it on absolutely incontestable evidence that the United States organized, advanced, and brought this resolution to the United Nations Security Council,” Netanyahu said.
“We’ll share that information with the incoming administration,” he continued. “Some of it is sensitive. It’s all true.”
He also added that some of it had already been released in an Egyptian newspaper but there is still more to come.
“You saw some of it in the protocol released in an Egyptian paper. There’s plenty more. It’s the tip of the iceberg,” Netanyahu said.
The Israeli Prime Minister then stated that he hoped the Obama Administration would not do any more damage against Israel in the last few days they have power, and said he looked forward to the incoming administration to help fix what had already been done.
“Israel hopes that the outgoing Obama administration will prevent any more damage being done to Israel at the U.N. in its waning days,” Netanyahu said. “I wish I could be comforted by the promise that the U.S. says we will not bring anymore resolutions to the U.N. That’s what they said about this previous resolution.”
He added that he’s looking forward to working with the Trump administration and Congress “to mitigate the damage that this resolution has done and ultimately to repeal it.”