As ISIS continues to threaten the entire world, it is good to see that our Secretary of State is busy at work talking with the true power players in the war against the terror group….Hollywood studio heads!
That’s right, Secretary of state John Kerry flew to L.A. for a 90 minute meeting with the top executives in Hollywood, organized by Shell and the Broadcasting Board of Governors of which he is a member.
He announced the meeting with this tweet:
According to Variety whom reported on the story:
One attendee who was there said that the executives also exchanged ideas and observations about studio worldwide marketing of movies and TV shows, a way of showing how narrative storytelling can cross cultures. The attendee described part of the gathering as a “brainstorming session,” including how to involve storytellers in regions afflicted or threatened by ISIS, as a way to counter the narratives promulgated by the terrorist organization. “Let’s figure out how to involve people who are there,” the attendee said.
Here is a list of attendees:
- Jeff Shell, chairman of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
- MPAA Chairman Chris Dodd
- Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara
- DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Jim Gianopulos, Chairman and CEO of 20th Century Fox
- Stacey Snider Co-Chair of 20th Century Fox
- Sean Bailey, president of Walt Disney Motion Picture Production
- Universal Pictures Chairman Donna Langley
- Tom Rothman, chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Motion Picture Group
- Universal Pictures President Jimmy Horowitz
- Amblin Partners CEO Michael Wright
- NBCUniversal Vice Chairman Ron Meyer
Do you think this is a proper use of the Secretary of State’s time? Sound off in the comments below!