BREAKING & DEVELOPING – Active Shooters in San Bernardino California, 14 Dead, 14 InjuredCVPlW8lUwAAf-AG
This story is ongoing and two suspects, one male and one female, are dead after the shooting and killing of 14 people and injuring 17 others in San Bernardino, CA. Check back frequently for updates as we continually update this story.
Police are saying that two suspects, one male and one female, are dead.
San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said at a news conference tonight, Wednesday evening, that authorities found what they believe is an explosive device at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino. Bomb squads were working on it.
The FBI is saying that it’s a possibility that the shooting is “terrorism.”
This killing was premeditated. One gunman attended a county worker meeting of some kind to ensure some targets were there. He then “left angrily” on purpose then came back with 2 others. Police are searching for multiple suspects with one already shot and another in custody.
The San Bernardino police chief will be speaking soon.
Suspects have been identified in various locations:
- Two suspects are dead in a street shootout with the black SUV and they are confirmed to the shooting only a short few miles away
- Another suspect has barricaded himself in a nearby church and police are trying to resolve this situation
- Instead of fleeing these people were very close by the whole time
- The police are unsure of how many suspects are involved and various reports of shootings in other locations and more happenings
- This is not over yet
Police have identified a black SUV, pursued it and there was a shootout. A Bearcat will be moving in soon to check on the situation.
- 1 male is shot and wounded on the street.
1 male is laying in the backseat with an AR15 on his chest.
A 3rd guy is in a house in the area.
They’re calling for SWAT
The number of wounded has increased to 17 and the number dead remains at 14.
- A body bleeds on the ground.
- Go here to see the map of where the 3 shooters could be after 4 hours of not being seen.
- FYI: We are listening to the live police radio channels that San Bernardino police and other authorities are using. You can listen to live San Bernardino police radio here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web
- The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department confirmed three active shooters in the area of Orange Snow Road and Waterman Avenue in California. Around 2pmEST today the shooters opened fire in a rec room at a disability treatment center, the Inland Regional Center, where a third-party was honoring county officials and having a Christmas party – killing 13 and injuring 14 others.
- No one has seen the shooters for over 3 hours now. They could holed up in one of the buildings or on the run. They could also be on their way to Mexico or hiding out in nearby building, or to another area to do another shooting.
- Police are looking for three males dressed in “tactical gear.” A police spokesman in San Bernadino says shooters are heavily armed and wearing body armor.
- San Bernardino Sheriff is asking for tips and also to be on the lookout for a suspicious black SUV: 1-800-78-CRIME
- UPDATE: 5:55pmEST
- Because the shooting location, the Inland Regional Center, is a disability treatment facility and is only 6 years old the building is equipped with many cameras. We should hopefully see footage soon to help locate the gunmen.
- Also, because the facility deals with mentally ill people they have monthly live-shooting drills.
- UPDATE: 5:45pmEST
- This was clearly a well planned out event. The authorities seem clueless because these three guys were in and out and escaped quickly. They had a getaway plan and it obviously worked.
- UPDATE: 5:10pmEST
- The authorities just held their first official press conference. 13 dead, 14 injured as of right now. Those numbers are subject to change.
- The shooters are at-large possibly in a dark colored SUV.
- The FBI does not know if this is a terrorist incident and authorities seem absolutely clueless where these three shooters could be.
- UPDATE: 4:50pmEST
- Authorities have declared that they have no one in custody. It’s now been 3 hours since anyone has seen the three at-large shooters.
- UPDATE: 4:40pmEST
- Authorities are still in the process of clearing the large disability treatment center (multiple large buildings) after initially clearing a suspicious package with a bomb squad. It has now been almost three hours since anyone saw the shooters. They are still at-large.
- UPDATE: 4:27pmEST
- KTLA was reporting that a black Yukon SUV has been found at 1800 S. Business Drive, San Bernardino near Pasadena however that vehicle has been cleared.
- There is an official press conference that will be starting in about 20 minutes.
- UPDATE: 4:07pmEST
- Authorities have confirmed that they are looking for a man in a black SUV but are not saying that this man was one of the shooters. No word on the other shooters. The authorities are not providing many details and eye-witnesses are slowly filling in the pieces.
- These are the buildings currently being cleared with the three active shooters still at large including a bomb squad clearing a “suspicious device”:
- There are 20-40 victims with reportedly 12 dead after multiple shooters opened fire at a Christmas party as a disability treatment center.
- UPDATE: 3:57pmEST
- Police are now clearing buildings that house the disability treatment center, 600 employees and treat over 32,000 people each year.
- There are no new updates on the location of the shooters. The shooters are still at-large.
- We are awaiting further updates and also monitoring all police radio chatter for updates.
- UPDATE: 3:38pmEST
- The Los Angeles Times is reporting that all three shooters have escaped, are at-large and are heavily armed. However, this is unconfirmed. No one knows where the shooters are which is why they are considered “at-large.”
- A black Yukon SUV is also being reported as having fled the scene earlier. Other people said they saw people on site “disrobing” black clothing and entering another building.
- Point is – we are sitting tight.
- Since this initial report there have been very little official updates as authorities get control of the situation.
- UPDATE: 3:22pmEST
- In an unconfirmed post multiple people listening to live police chatter say the police are talking about 3 arabic or hispanic named suspects. We have withheld their identity for privacy:
- “I’m listening to the Live San Bernardino police radio chatter. confirmed 3 Arabic named suspects but they don’t know where they are at right now, Police over radio mentioned something about a possible explosive device as well. UPDATE: Possible explosive device has been found, Bomb squad enroute.”
- Also gleaned from direct police chatter on the radio:
- Yeah, listening here too. Sounds like they pulled one of them in for something last week.
- UPDATE: 3:16pmEST
- There is a potential bomb on site with a bomb-unit and robot entering one of the buildings.
- Police are leading people to believe that a combination of the three shooters took off in a SUV and/or that shooters may or may not be in one of the buildings.
- Normally when shooters have been neutralized the authorities get that information out immediately. However the authorities are being extremely quiet and still designate this as an “active shooter situation.”
- UPDATE: 3:12pmEST
- Reports now stating that 12 people dead with over 150 medical personnel on scene. Up to 40 victims have been reported.
- UPDATE: 3:05pmEST
- CONFIRMED: Authorities have stated there are three shooters.
- First responders have been pulled out of one of the buildings after a suspicious device was found. A robot is going into the building to activate or detonate whatever device was found.
- UPDATE: 3:00pmEST
- Victim count from 20 to 40:
- There is now a triage center setup in the middle of a nearby intersection to treat victims and tactical teams are advancing:
- Images on social media are beginning to show the scene:
- The San Bernardino Fire Department on Twitter said the victims were in the 1300 block of Waterman Avenue.