Ambassador Robert Joseph Ph.D was the former United States Special Envoy for Nuclear Nonproliferation. He also held several posts in the Bush administration including undersecretary of state for arms control and international security which involved negotiating nuclear agreements with Libya and North Korea. Therefore, it’s no surprise he was called to testify in front of Congress this week.
During his remarks he gave the 5 fatal flaws of the Iran nuclear deal. These 5 flaws, which are captured in the 90 second video below drive a nail in the coffin of this historically bad agreement.
Here they are if your sound isn’t working:
- The deal has ineffective measures to verify Iran is fully complying with their end of the bargain.
- The deal recognizes and legitimizes Iran’s path to a nuclear weapon with continued uranium enrichment and in 15 years, reprocessing of plutonium.
- The deal abandons America’s most important leverage over Iran by putting an end to the sanctions regime that brought the rogue state to the negotiating table.
- The deal fails to prevent a breakout in a meaningful way since it allows the largest state sponsor of terror to resume nuclear activity in 15 years.
- The deal does not limit Iran’s ballistic missile force, which can be used to create even more turmoil in the chaotic Middle East.
Watch the clip below: