10 Killed At Mall Shooting In Munich, Germany – American Military News

10 Killed At Mall Shooting In Munich, Germany

[This is a developing story and we will be updating with details as they become available]

[UPDATE: July 22 9:41] – After a lot of initial misreporting:

  • The murderer is 18-year-old German-Iranian Ali David Sonboly
  • It appears that the shooter used someone else’s Facebook account and told people to come to McDonald’s and they would give them something at 4pm local time. The message said, “I’ll give you something if you want, but not too expensive.”
  • Footage taken at the scene shows the attacker shouting about “f***ing foreigners” and f***ing Turks”.
  • He is seen screaming “I’m German” and “I was born here” as he stands armed in a car park.
  • 8 children were killed between the ages of 13-20, one 45 year old and the shooter killed himself
  • Below are pictures and a video is further below
  • The motives are unclear at this point but police are investigating several leads


Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.36.17 AM

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.35.47 AM

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.35.40 AM

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.34.48 AM

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.34.37 AM


[UPDATE: July 21 3:30] – Police have confirmed that at least six victims are dead. Police and eyewitnesses state their could be up to four total gunmen involved in the attack. Three suspects are believed to be on the run and armed with long guns. One eyewitness claimed that they were in the bathroom with the shooter when he was loading his weapon and preparing for the attack. She told reporters:

“Boom, boom, boom, I heard, and then I saw all the injured. I was back to back with him, I was in the bathroom with my kid, and I only saw him shoot directly into the faces of children.”

Police are urging tourists and residents to stay indoors and away from public spaces until the suspects are apprehended.

[UPDATE: July 21 2:30] Alleged video of the shooter firing at victims outside a German McDonalds has been released on twitter. The shooting reportedly began at this McDonalds then moved to the Olympic mall. The video can be seen below:

A mass shooting has taken place at the the Olympia shopping mall in Munich, Germany. The shooting took place at approximately 6:00 pm, local time, and has reportedly ended according to local police. Sudduetsche Zeitung, a leading German newspaper, has reported that multiple people have been killed. Germany’s Muencher Abendzeitung has also reported that up to 15 people were killed. Local police have refused to confirm the number of people killed.

Police are calling the attack a “shooting spree” at this time. No details have been released to confirm or deny whether or not this is an act of terror.

One arrest has been made. Police believe they have the shooter in custody but state that there could be additional shooters and are urging civilians to avoid the area and stay indoors. Several mall employees are still trapped inside the mall. German police forces have been brought on scene to assess the situation.

Lynn Stein, a mall employee told CNN:

“I heard several shots,” Stein said. “(I) was just going to buy something while my coworker was still in the shop. People started running. I went outside as well; more people running outside. I think I heard more shots. Then it sounded like he went to the parking house next to the mall — several shots there.”

The shooting is the second attack in Germany’s Bavaria region this week. Earlier this week several people were injured when a refugee attacked train passengers with an axe.