DEVELOPING: 2 Possible Shooters Still At Large In D.C.Screen-Shot-2013-09-16-at-1.34
This morning up to possibly three shooters open fired in Washington D.C.’s navy yard. At least 6 are confirmed dead and over 10 more are injured. (UPDATED: New reports state that 12 are now confirmed dead)
Earlier this afternoon, Washington D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said in a press conference that one shooter is dead and up to two additional shooters are still at large and dressed in military garb although not believed to be in the actual military.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Washington D.C. police
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said one shooter was confirmed killed at the scene of the Navy Yard rampage and authorities are looking for two other men who may also have been involved in the attack.
The two at large suspects were dressed in military garb but are not believed to be U.S. service personnel, Lanier said.
One was a young white man in a khaki like uniform and the other was a black man in his 50s with a long rifle in an olive colored garb, she said.
Lanier said there were multiple fatalities at the scene but exact numbers were not immediately.
D.C. police quickly deployed an “active shooter team” within seven minutes of reports of shots fired, Ms. Lanier said.
George Washington University Hospital has confirmed that a 60-year-old male was killed in the Navy Yard shooting Monday morning.
A spokesman said the man, whose name was not given, was dead on arrival to the hospital at around 9 a.m, about 40 minutes after the shooting.
The spokesman said the man was shot in the left temple and the wound was “not survivable by any stretch.”
The hospital said it was told to be prepared to take more victims of the shooting.