As hearings continue regarding the September 11th attacks on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya one U.S. Commander is taking issue with a diplomat’s testimony. The Commander was Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson and his testimony is sending shockwaves through an investigation that has the White House and State Department in very hot water.
WASHINGTON – The former commander of a four-member Army special forces unit in Tripoli, Libya, denied on Wednesday that he was told to stand down during last year’s deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.
In a closed-door session with the House Armed Services Committee, Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson said his commanders told him to remain in the Libyan capital of Tripoli to defend Americans in the event of additional attacks and to help survivors being evacuated from Benghazi.
“Contrary to news reports, Gibson was not ordered to `stand down’ by higher command authorities in response to his understandable desire to lead a group of three other special forces soldiers to Benghazi,” the Republican-led committee said in a summary of its classified briefing with military officials, including Gibson.
Read More At Military.com