REVEALED: We Now Know Which Russian Soldier Called An Airstrike On His Own Position To Kill ISIS
A 26 year old Russian Special Forces officer made the ultimate sacrifice when he was surrounded by ISIS and called an airstrike on his position as he goaded the terrorists closer to him. Now we know his name.
If you have tips you want American Military News to investigate please email [email protected]. Your identity will be protected.
His name is Alexander Prokhorenko and hails from the village of Gorodki in the Orenburg region of Russia. He began his military career and his young wife is expecting their first child.
Natalya Meshkova, headteacher of Gorodetskoy Middle School, which Alexander attended said:
”Nobody knew exactly where Sasha (Alexander) was serving, they said it was somewhere in the special forces.”
“He graduated our school with a silver medal, he was first in all competitions and the school won them thanks to him. He was one of those people who was never afraid, regardless of the situation. For everybody, he is a hero.”
“We would like to name our school after him.”
The Kremlin is also hailing this man a hero. Here is some of the article in which we brought you this story earlier in the week:
“An officer of Russian special operations forces was killed near Palmyra while carrying out a special task to direct Russian airstrikes at Islamic State group targets.”
“The officer was carrying out a combat task in area for a week, identifying crucial IS targets and passing exact coordinates for strikes with Russian planes.”
“The officer died as a hero, he drew fire onto himself after being located and surrounded by terrorists.”
While the source doesn’t give a time for when this incident occurred, the timing of the disclosure is peculiar. Thursday, Syrian forces zeroed in on the ancient city of Palmyra which has been controlled by ISIS since last May.
Russian bombers have peppered the city with 146 airstrikes between Wednesday and last Sunday, yet the Kremlin denies any Special Forces are on the ground which runs in contrast to ISIS’ claim that they killed 5 of them last week, publishing pictured of the corpses online.
What do you make of this story? Do you believe it? Sound off in the comments below!