5 Police Officers Have Been Killed In The Line Of Duty In 4 Days
In what has been a deadly year for members of law enforcement, this week may have been the darkest yet with 5 officers shot in the line of duty in 4 days.
This tragic streak began on Monday in Colorado where a sheriffs deputy was shot dead. The following day two more sheriff’s deputies were slain in Maryland, and another officer was killed later that night in North Dakota. But the bloodshed didn’t end there as gunfire broke out in Georgia as officers were serving a warrant, leaving one dead.
That brings this year’s total of officers killed by gunfire up to 8 – far surpassing the one who was killed in the same time period.
Last year 124 officers died in the line of duty, 42 by gunfire.
Please say a prayer for the fallen and their families:
- Senior Deputy Patrick Dailey – Abingdon, MD
- Senior Deputy Mark Logsdon – Abingdon, MD
- Sheriff’s Deputy Derek Geer – Mesa County, CO
- Officer Jason Moszer – Fargo, ND
- The name of the Georgia officer was not released at time of publication.
What can be done to curb this violence toward officers? Sound off in the comments below!